Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Max and Lily

Max and Lily are best friends, and have been from the moment she got home. He is always buy her, runs into her room when she starts crying and has to be right next to whoever holds her (unless it's me or Terence).
He loves to be around her, and I am so excited for the time when she finally is able to play with him!

Recently we were headed back home from visiting our family, Max and Lily were in the backseat. We stopped to get gas and it was raining really hard, I reached back to make sure that Lily's straps were tight enough. When I reached back I felt Max! I looked back and he was just sitting in Lily's carseat with her, just super happy! Lily was pretty happy too, she was trying to grab at his fur! He was sitting inbetween her legs, so she wasn't getting hurt or anything. They both seemed disappointed when I made him move. The whole ride back I had to keep checking that he didn't get back in there with her, which he didn't.



Max is always trying to protect her! To help make sure that he had a good experience with her we did try to prepare. As my pregnancy progressed we slowly started giving him less attention. We did that so the baby wouldn't cause him to lose attention. We also set up the nursery really early so he would have a chance to get used to everything. We tried to change everything so that it would be how it was when the baby arrived. Once I had her we wrapped her up in blankets that either Terence or my Mom would take back to Max so he would get used to her smell. Luckily, everything we did must have worked because they already have such a great bond, I can't wait to see how it changes as Lily gets older!

1 comment:

  1. This is just adorable how Max has bonded with Lily! I've heard most dogs either create a bond with a newborn or despise them. It's good to see that little Max is becoming a protector of Lily! It'll be fun to see the relationship grow between the two as they get older.

    ReplyDelete