Friday, April 11, 2014

School & Lily

     Being a Mom and a student is hard work. I never expected it to be as hard as it is. There have been days where I simply just forget that i'm enrolled in classes, others where  I just don't have the time or energy. I tried to prevent this from happening by making a schedule for each week of the semester. Up until this week I did pretty good staying  on track. This week changed everything, I'm not really sure why everything changed but it has been ten times harder trying to remember to do homework. The only thing that has changed recently is my attempt at losing weight. I think I may be doing too much, but there isn't really anything I can do about it.

       I got really lucky this week, a few assignments were pushed back. Others I was able to turn in late. To anyone doing a lot I would really recommend getting a planner and sitting down with your class schedules and planning out what is due when. I try to schedule specific days to work on larger projects, but since most of them are groups it can be hard to actually do that. That schedule is what has helped kept me afloat this semester. It hasn't been easy, but I have my motivation whenever I look at my daughter. Everything I do is for her, and to help provide her with the best life I can.

       I encourage anyone who wants to go back to school to do it. I almost didn't take any classes this semester and I really think that would have started a pattern of me saying "I'll go back next semester". The sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish. All parents have the perfect motivation- their child. It's not always easy, but I know that it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment