Monday, March 31, 2014

Everyday Life


Lily and I spend nearly all day everyday together. Sometimes it does get a bit overwhelming, especially since i'm still taking a full class load and am about to return to work (luckily only part time!). I'm so glad that the weather is improving so that we will have a chance to get out of the house more. Most days I get up with Lily about 8 or 9 in the morning, change and feed her. She'll fall into a milk coma pretty quickly. Normally once she falls asleep I will too, unless I have a long list of things to do.  She'll normally only sleep another 2 or 3 hours, by 11 we are ready to start our day. We start off by getting Lily another bottle and a clean diaper. Then is one of my favorite parts of the day, picking out her clothes! She has a wardrobe that you would not believe, she has a walk-in closet that isn't big enough. I can't hang all her clothes up, luckily they range from 3 months to 18 months. I normally try to get at least a little bit of homework done before Terence gets home from work or class. Once he gets home we eat lunch and maybe watch some tv. He normally will be home for a little over an hour before he has to leave again. Once he leaves Lily and I try to get out of the house, we love to take walks outside, or go shopping at Target or the mall. While we are out she'll normally have a bottle and get a new diaper before she takes another nap. Once we get home we try to do some tummy time, she loves it most of the time. She would much rather lie on her stomach on top of me than on her tummy time mat. I think I love it just as much as she does. Lily is such a cuddly baby! After tummy time she is ready to eat again. Once she eats we try to have her take a shower (she HATES baths!) and then put her in a sleeper and cuddle with either me or Terence. She'll be cuddly until she gets hungry, she'll get one last bottle and fall asleep for the night. Once she's asleep she'll sleep between 4-8 hours, most of the time it's about 5 or 6 hours. I love when it works out that she'll get up a little before we head to bed so we really only have to get up once overnight with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment