Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Worrying. . .It Comes With The Territory

Ever since that day that Lily was born I've worried more than I ever have before. I worry about all kinds of things that involve her. I think about if she's too hot or cold or if she's eating enough. By breastfeeding there are so many more worries. What to do if she gets hungry in public (I'm fine with Mothers that are able to breastfeed in public, but I could never do it!) . If i'm producing enough milk for her. The list goes on and on!

I'd never thought I'd care so much about someones poop! After a particularly disgusting diaper the second night, we ended up taking her the Doctor because we were so confused and surprised. Turns out she's just a typical baby. (Note to you all you future parents- projectile pooping happens, and apparently is normal. Be forewarned!!)

Once you have a baby worrying happens. . . . a lot. From their weight and height, to how they eat and sleep, if they are feeling too hot or too cold, the list goes on and on. Embrace the fact that you are doing the best you can. Take each day as it comes and have no shame. Mistakes will be made, but things will be fine. Worrying doesn't help anything (even though you'll forever worry) I  try to just make sure that i'm doing everything I can for Lily. Becoming a parent really does turn you into a worrywart!

No comments:

Post a Comment